Front Wire Bike Baskets
The bicycle basket is supplied with a quick release bracket system which is fitted easily to a bikes handlebar. The basket slides onto this bracket and is locked in. The basket can be quickly removed from this bracket and carried inside.
- Size: 350 x 260 x 250mm
- Quick release bracket
- UV resistant powder coated wire basket
- Fits all styles of bikes: cruisers, ladies bikes, hybrid, flat bar and mountain bikes
- The carrying handle folds down when not needed
Velogear stocks the widest range of bike baskets Australia online.
- Really Happy Review by KiwiJoy
I was pleasantly surprised by the really quick service, the price was great and the item - bike basket - was exactly what I wanted and needed. Very happy with dealing on line with Velogear. Thanks heaps
Cheers (Posted on 28/07/13)
- good value Review by Rach
- I wanted a cheap basket tp put on my ladies bike. It was easy to fit, holds quite a lot of shopping , and is strong enough for my needs. I bought it with a pump and lock and so got free shipping!!! so really good value (Posted on 29/05/13)
- nice product at a good price Review by Heidi
I saved nearly $20 by buying this bike basket from you (including delivery).
It was easy to fit and is good quality. The quick release system is very handy. (Posted on 22/05/13)
Write Your Own Review
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.
Who said a plain black front bike basket can't be chic!
Courtesy of Cycle Chic Copenhagen
A bicycle basket is used for carrying light goods on a bicycle. They are usually used for light shopping duties such as going on daily visits to the shops for fresh bread or milk. BikebBaskets are often mounted on the handlebars and made of traditional basket weaving materials such as wicker and cane or even woven plastic that looks like cane. They can also be made of other materials such as metal mesh.
Front baskets are usually mounted on the handlebars though sometimes there are also braces that extend from the basket to the front hub bolt or to tabs on the front fork of the bicycle.
Be aware not to overload a front bike basket as too much weight can throw your steering balance off.
Rear bike baskets may be mounted on a luggage carrier above the rear wheel of the bicycle. These baskets are usually narrower and deeper than the average handlebar basket. Rear baskets function as a hard-sided pannier, carrying the cargo lower on the bicycle, which keeps the center of gravity low and thereby improves handling and control.