Magnetic Belt Bike Trainer
Made in Italy by Gistitalia.
- Can be folded away to save space
- Cones housing hubs have plastic coating to avoid scratching
- Heavy duty bearings
- Pedal pressure adjustment lever for handlebars
- Ideal for mountain bikes - although it can be used for all types of bikes
- Heavy Duty steel frame
- Tyre runs on belt - which allows knobby tyres to be used
Belt Trainer General Information:
On a belt trainer the bike tyre runs on a grippy belt - which is attached to the magnetic resistance drive unit. This makes it ideal for mountain bikes with wide tyres and even OK for knobby tyres.
Riser block - lifts and locates front wheel to same level as rear wheel.
- works well on my mtb Review by Simon C.
- I bought this unit from you a year ago, and have given it a reasonably good workout. No issues to date, is very sturdy and well made. Quite handy because I only ride on knobby tyres and didn't want to change tyres just to indoor train...works much better than I expected. (Posted on 19/04/13)
Write Your Own Review
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.
Gist Cycle Trainer - Belt Style
Further queries on this cycling trainer can be sent to us on the online contact below.
Q. How reliable are these units?
A. We have sold over 100 units with no issues to date. An excellent warranty provides peace of mind.
Q. If I break the lever or lose a part what can I do?
A. We carry a full range of spare parts to ensure years of training on your machine. The most commonly sold spare part is the lever. If you get too excited training and jerk roughly at it, it can break! This is not covered by warranty unless there was an issue when new.
Q. Do I need a riser block?
A. It is not essential - many people use a telephone book, the riser block is neater!
Q. Will this ruin my tyres?
A. A belt trainer creates virtually no wear on your tyres.
*Pro rata warranty:
If there is a warranty problem with the magnetic drive after the full 2 year warranty has run out, it will be replaced at a discount to the spare part cost at the rate of:
Year 3 - less 70%
Year 4 - less 50%
Year 5 - less 30%
Bike Trainer Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty
Frame: Lifetime - as long as you own the product
Motor Unit: Lifetime - as long as you own the product
Gist warrants your bike trainer to be free of any defects in material or workmanship and a lifetime warranty applies to the bicycle trainer frame and motor unit.
This warranty does not apply to consumable wear and tear parts such as levers, cables or skewer holders.
Nor does the warranty apply to damage through misuse, abuse, neglect, accident, or unauthorized modification.
Incidental and consequential damages are not covered, and there are no other warranties, expressed or implied.
This warranty applies to the original owner only. Retain your receipt as proof of purchase.
To help extend the usable life-span of your cycle trainer, a full range of parts are available. If the part you require is not shown, please email us and we shall add it to the selection.