Double Padded Bicycle Bags
Ridesportz bike bags provide an economical solution to bike transport by road, train or airline travel.
Apart from being cheaper the advantage of a bike bag over a bike travel case or bike pod is that it folds down to a small size, in this case about 110cm x 10cm x 30cm, when not in use.
Ridesportz Xtra padded bag differs from most on the market as it contains a double layer of 20mm foam - whereas most other brands are 10mm!
These bags are suitable bikes bags for air travel, train travel, car trave and much more...
- Outer layer made from 1200 denier ripstop polyester
- 20mm foam layer each side (most of our competitors use only 10mm!)
- 2 wheel inserts with protective hard sheet at axle areas
- Interior pockets for shoes, tools, etc.
- Size approxiamtely: 115cm x 90cm x 27cm
- Will fit all size road and mountain bikes
- Weight: Only 5 kg
- Shoulder carry straps
- Scuff guards on base
- Inbuilt wheels plus pull along handle
Will fit time trial bicycles.
With very large bikes like 29ers you may need to remove the handlebars and then maybe the rear derailleur to obtain the best fit.
- Great bike bag. Review by Dee
It is easy to assembly and carry around the airport. The bike arrived with no scratches.
- Good quality bag Review by Adrian
- Excellent Review by Billy
- Solid bag Review by Pro
- Excellent case Review by Bonny
- Nice and Cheap Review by Ron G
- Gteart bike bag Review by Vin
- Good Bag Great Value Review by Peter H
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.
Basic Packing Method:
Remove wheels, loosen and turn handlebar sideways, and remove pedals. Place frame, fork and bar into bag. Insert wheels into wheel inserts and place inside bike bag.
High Protection Method:
In addition to above you can:
- Use wheel bags for increased protection of the wheels
- Wrap the frame tube with pipe lagging or similar to prevent scratching.
- Wrap front cogset and chain
- Remove and wrap rear derailleur
- Place a divider rod in the rear axle
- Remove and wrap seatpost and seat
- Use sheets of foam or clothing for extra padding. Alternatively you can cut out the side of a bike box or other large carton and use the "panels" on either side of the frame for extra protection