Mountain Bike Tours and Hire
Blue Dirt offers Bike Hire from their Torquay office and run some incredible guided tours.
Aaron has some great trips to incredible locations in his list of mountain bike tours. He is tuned in to the best of what Victoria has to offer in MTB rides.
We will just whet your appetite with some excerpts from his very detailed website.
- The Goldfields Tour from Ballarat to Castlemaine includes some epic singletrack.......
- Positioned deep in the Alpine National Park, Falls Creek is an All Mountain riders dream. Blue Dirt has developed some incredible All Mountain riding routes to suit all skill levels.
- Bright, a hidden gem in the mountain bike world with an enormous amount of trails lacing the surrounding forest, bush land and pine plantations. Bright offers a great variety to suit all different styles of riders. Ride along the rivers edge for some fun, narrow single trails with stunning views or head up the mountains to find the more technical and steep single trails.
- The Big Hill Mountain Bike Park at Mt Beauty is an absolute maze of high quality trails. These trails handle wet weather extremely well and offer a great range of technical sections for both DH and XC riders. Rock gardens, drops to 2 metres, tight switchbacks, steep inclines and descents, berms and killer views will get you from the top to bottom with a grin from ear to ear.
- Big Hill at Mt Beauty is an absolute maze of high quality trails. These trails handle wet weather extremely well and offer a great range of technical sections for both DH and XC riders. A new flow down style trail has recently been added to Mt Beauty’s repertoire with connecting berms and slick lines. On the DH runs; rock gardens, drops to 2 metres, tight switchbacks, steep inclines and descents, berms and killer views will get you from the top to bottom with a grin from ear to ear.
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.
We are unable to handle enquiries or take bookings for this operator.
Please go directly to the operators website as shown.
Being on a tour your leader will normally supply all necessary cycling accessories for the trip. They will also advise or sometimes supply some cycling clothes. Panniers are generally only used on longer tours. A bicycle helmet is compulsory.
A basic checklist comprises:
Spare bike tubes