See why Lonely Planet voted Tasmania as one of the Top 10 Cycling destinations on the planet!
"Green Island Tours Tasmania was founded in 2001 and was the first exclusively cycling focussed tour operator in Tasmania. We are still family run, independent , locally based and small. We have deliberately kept it this to ensure personal service to every guest.
- We pride ourselves on attention to details and are passionate about fine-tuning each aspect of your tour.
- We are locally based and cyclists ourselves... so we know what we're talking about!
- We will give you honest and straightforward advice before you book.
- We offer a wide range of accomodation options.
- Every tour is customised to suit our client's needs.
- We keep our profit margin low to give you 'value for money'.
- We have fast quality bicycles and maintain them to a very high standard.
- We conduct all tours ourselves.
- Our guides on group tours are very experienced - no students!
- Our route descriptions for the self-guided trips are very detailed and from door to door. "
Manfred can either simply rent you a bike, offer you an economical self guided tour or provide a fully supported tour. The choice is yours!
To whet your appetite you can view a map of one of his tours in the secondary images.
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.
We are unable to handle enquiries or take bookings for this operator.
Please go directly to the operators website as shown.
Being on a tour your leader will normally supply all necessary bike gear for the trip. They will also advise or sometimes supply some cycling clothes.
A basic checklist comprises:
Spare bike tubes