Our Junior range has been engineered and fitted specifically to keep our future champions safe. What makes the Leatt-Brace® so unique is its function of directing the crash forces from your helmet to your body and bypassing your neck, which is called Alternative Load Path Technology (ALPT®).
The semi-rigid chassis is adjustable enough to fit most riders’ body shape while the structure remains very rigid to help transmit energy during an impact, which is key for reducing neck forces. All Leatt neck braces are also CE tested and certified as Personal Protective Equipment to give you peace of mind.
Leatt makes a tonne of great gear, and as they do this, they also keep the young shredders in mind. In fact, in the case of the new DBX 5.5 Junior Neck Brace, they give them some very special consideration.
They claim the DBX 5.5 to be the most technologically advanced neck brace in the world and the first to be specifically designed for junior riders. For a brace to work, it needs to fit properly.
Leatts 5 way adjustability dials in fit for proper function and comfort.
Other key features are collar bone cuts to keep the brace away from fragile bones, airflow ribs, and an easy emergency release for injured riders.
Leatts home of research and development is located in Cape Town, South Africa. It is here that a team of engineers and designers, as well as Dr Leatt himself, dream-up and test new products as well as persistently improving products already in their line even further.
- Tried and Tested
- CE tested and certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC
- Engineered and lab proven by a medical doctor and biomedical engineers
- Trusted by some of the fastest downhill racers in the world
- Conveniently Designed
- Chassis made of fibreglass reinforced polyamide
- 5.5/6.5 helmet rim striking platform design for a biomedical balanced head and helmet freedom of motion.
- Three-way adjustability and sliding front and rear SureFit adjusters to ensure optimum fit
- Four-angle rear thoracic struts adjustments to fit most body shapes
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit
- CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body’s natural movements
- Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back
- Low profile push-button closure system
- Easy-to-use emergency release mechanism for injured riders
- Engineered collarbone cut-out to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones
- Injected, durable and easy-to-clean foam padding
- Air flow ribbed body padding for optimum ventilation
- Folding rear thoracic strut for easier packing
- Free, optional, clear chest strap included
- Weight: from 790g (1.7 lbs)
- Please look at our sizing chart for best fit
- Pick Up In Melbourne is available - you can pick up a built bike for no extra charge
- Test drive/pick up today at Showroom Unit 4 No 11 Urban St Braeside, Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.