- This trail passes through a scenic landscape following the Yarra River Valley, with a backdrop of the Yarra Ranges National Park.
- Plenty of good places to stay and great things to consume in the region’s cafes, pubs, wineries and restaurants.
- The trail has a climb up to Mt Evelyn from both directions
- Mainly on a bike and walk only trail, some busy road crossings required.
This rail trail is one of Australia's most popular, starting from the end of the metropolitan rail network at Lilydale then heading through increasingly rural landscape to the resort town of Warburton nestled in the mountains.
Most of the original station platforms are still present with replica station signage, however many station buildings have been lost through time. The Station building at Yarra Junction is the original building from Lilydale Station and is now a museum.
The Warburton railway line was opened in 1901 to ferry farm produce from the Yarra Valley to Melbourne. Timber was also a major commodity being transported on the line after many tramways through the yarra Valley forests were linked with the line at Warburton and Yarra Junction. The line closed in 1965 and the track removed in 1969. Rails are still be visible at some of the level crossings.
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.
We are unable to handle enquiries or take bookings for this operator.
Please go directly to the operators website as shown.
1. Healesville Sanctuary is one of Australia’s most loved tourist attractions and the best place in Victoria to see and interact with native Australian wildlife. The Sanctuary is committed to fighting wildlife extinction and offers visitors the opportunity to come close up to unique Australian animals in a stunning bushland setting.
2. Your business can be next to be added..!