Reykjavik Bike Tours - Our philosophy
We won't just show you the essential 'must-see' sights of Iceland's capital; we'll tell you the stories that bring these places to life!
Our guides love the city and its remarkable history. We understand that a great tour is more than just a history lesson. That's why we work to weave amusing Reykjavik anecdotes and stories into an unforgettable historical street performance destined to be a highlight of your visit!
- See and experience places you would otherwise miss on foot or travelling by bus
- Meet a local resident who knows the ins and outs of the city and brings the places to life
- Get to know some of Reykjavik's past and present history explained by a local expert
- Enjoy Reykjavik's parks and back roads only locals know
- Make the most of your stay in Reykjavik
- Small groups
- Comfortable, high quality bikes
Bicycle holiday in Iceland can be challenging but at the same time most rewarding. Whether you bicycle in Iceland for just one day or a fortnight it is bound to be one of your best experiences in Iceland.
We specialize in guided bicycle tours in Reykjavik without mini-bus support, and with mini-bus support outside of Reykjavik.
Mountain bikes are the most popular bicycles in Iceland and for a good reason too. With many gravel roads in Iceland it is useful to use a mountain bike with good front suspension. We use Trek 4300 mountain bikes with disk brakes where the terrain demands a reliable and strong mountain bike.
Hybrid city/mountain bicycles are ideal for bicycling in Reykjavik. We use Trek navigator bikes with 21 gears, front suspension, comfortable saddle and seat-post suspension.
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.