The Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier is a rugged and durable rack that will fit most vehicles and can take two heavy bikes up to 30 kg each. It has a tow ball attachment that features a patented conical attachment system that fits onto all ISO 50mm diameter tow balls, and can be locked and secured by a locking knob. The Scorpion also features a heavy duty base that can safely support your bike, complemented by anti sway rubber straps that stabilize your bike. It also features a locking clamp that will fit most bike frames, and has an integrated pad to prevent scratching, and to accommodate bike cables. Folds for easy storage.
- It's supplied fully assembled.
- It’s small enough when folded to be stored in a car boot.
- It self-adjusts to all tow balls.
- Fitting is a matter of spinning a hand-turning wheel, a really quick, easy and ergonomically satisfactory thing to do. Turn the key in the tightening wheel and the carrier is then locked to the tow ball. An additional couple of turns on a Nyloc nut is usually required (spanner supplied), depending on the tow ball, to make sure the carrier won’t move from side to side.
- It sits high on the tow ball, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- It's suitable for all bikes, including electric and other heavy bikes up to 30kg each, making it excellent long term value.
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even very small children's bikes.
- The wheel straps are tough, easily adjusted and are long enough to hold the biggest rims we've found.
- An extra anti-sway strap is included to prevent the front wheel from vibrating.
- Both bike holders have locks, and the carrier also locks to the tow ball.
- A steel frame helps protect the lights.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall - which happens!
- A Fat Bike wheel adapter is available - see below.
- Dimensions: 105cm wide by 62cm deep (measured from the centre of the tow ball mount to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
- Weight: 18.3kg.
Note: All ball mount platforms have the lightboard attached, the hitch mount platforms do not!
Velogear is an authorised retailer of BuzzRack bike carriers. This guarantees that your Buzzrack car rack is genuine and not a copy or counterfeit product.
- Great rack, fits all bikes Review by Kim
I have 5 bikes, from a road to a fat bike in the 20 to 21 inch range, they all fit well, although you do need an additional attachment for the fatty.
The bikes fit quickly and are stable, no need for extra strapping
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.