Dakar Cycling & Sports Glasses
During a buying trip we came across the factory that makes many of the worlds top brand cycling sunglasses. We asked them if they could design a range for us using the same quality materials and lenses that are used in those top brands glasses.
4/5 System offers 4 season protection with 5 interchangeable lenses.
When it comes to eye protection in cycling, sunglasses aren’t there just for the glare. Eye coverage is advised at all times while moving to stop flying insects and debris from damaging your eyes.
- Matt gun metal frame colour with black nose pad and temple tips
- Black side shields
- Polycarbonate lenses
- UV 400 protection
- 5 interchangable lenses
- Reflective blue - sunny days
- Smoke grey - all day light
- Orange - all day light
- Yellow - cloudy/dark days
- Clear - dark days
The sports glasses come with:
- Microfibre pouch (doubles as a lens cleaner)
- Black EVA case
Lens material needs to be impact resistance to debris (e.g. insects/stones). Our lenses are of a polycarbonate material which is a soft resin that can absorb high impacts. The down side to the lens being softer is that it can scratch more easily. However, a scratched lens is better than having a piece of shattered glass damage your eye.
Different lenses offer various advantages in differing conditions.
Velogear's interchangeable lenses include:
|Mirror||Reduces glare||Sunny days|
|Brown/Red||Adds definition & relaxes eye||All day light|
|Orange||Adds definition & relaxes eye||All day light|
Optical Frame Rx
Note: A matching Optical ready frame is available as an optional extra. The frame is supplied with no lenses and needs to be taken to your optometrist to have your prescription inserted.
In case of breakage or loss we keep a full range of spare parts on our cycling eyewear range.
Our Size and Quality Guarantee
If the bike glasses don't fit, or for any other reason, you may return the item unused in original packaging. You may choose to get a store credit, or a full refund.
- easy to replace spare parts Review by Judith
- good looking, work well and even better price Review by Jimmy
The lenses also work well too in different conditions, although i have only used 2 lenses so far
serious value for money.
The last sports glasses I had before these I paid over $200.
- nice glasses Review by Sol
- excellent value Review by Tom
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.
Q. How do I change the lenses?
A. 1. Pick up the cycle glasses with your right thumb and pointer, grabbing them on the frame underneath one pop out lense (i.e. - the lower part of the frame that sits above your cheek).
2. Pick them up so that the face of the lens is towards you. You now have the glasses sideways in your hand, and the curve of the lens facing you.
3. Grab the top of the frame with your left hands thumb and pointer.
4. Then pull both sides of the frame, while at the same time popping the top part of the lens (where the cutouts are) with your right forefinger, which is underneath.
5. To put a lense back in, insert the bottom of the lens first, then push the top of the lens back in with your thumb.
6. You can use the supplied cloth to clean any remains on the lenses.