Thule Apex Swing 9027
The sleek and stylish Thule Apex Swing is every bit the premier hitch rack. This bike rack offers the same arching arms, RDT cradles and tool-free installation as the standard Apex plus the added ability to swing the fully loaded rack away from your vehicle for easy access to the rear cargo area - no need to unload the bikes or remove the rack to get to your stowed cargo. And thanks to the innovative EasyMount system you can quickly and securely install the rack in a 2" trailer hitch without any tools.
The new Hold Fast anti-sway cradles with Road Dampening Technology (RDT) are designed especially for use with carbon-frame bikes. Inner layers made of soft "fingers" that flex to absorb large shocks and the upper layer composed of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE), a gel-like substance that gently but firmly cups your bike frame to reduce vibration for a smoother ride. The cradles also include No-Sway Cages that provide a third contact point for the bike, preventing sway and bike-to-bike contact. The cages also have TPE bumpers to protect your bike frames from scratches.
In addition to allowing different bike heights, the rack arms on the Apex are longer, adding more space between the cradles than standard dual-arm racks to protect your bikes even better. The arching arms, just like standard dual-arm racks, give great bike support, and it's less likely that you will need a bike adapter bar. However, adapter bars might be needed for smaller, alternative and women's frame bikes.
The Apex Swing includes an ergonomic quick-release lever (HitchSwitch). This lever enables you to fold down the arms for storage. Also, the lever audibly clicks to reassure you that the arms are locked in place. For security, the Apex Swing offers a built-in cable lock along with the locking mechanism on the hitch connection.
• Swing-away design that allows a fully loaded hitch rack to swing away from the vehicle for rear of vehicle access
• Snug-Tite receiver lock virtually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle
• Hold Fast RDT (Road Dampening Technology) Cradles absorb the shock of the road protecting your bike during transport
• Arc design of the arms gives bikes greater clearance off the ground and provides greater distance between bikes
• Increased mast height for improved ground clearance
• Patented No-Sway Cage to prevent bike to bike contact
• Heavy-duty integrated lock allows you to lock the bikes to rack and stores in the hitch rack when not in use
• Available in a 4 bike version only
• Integrated handle for easy carrying and handling
• Folding Hitch Switch allows the arms to fold when not in use and tilts the carrier down for rear of vehicle access
• Load capacity Bikes: Four (4)
• Only fits 50mm (2") receivers
• Not compatible with 30mm receivers
• One Key System compatible
• Fits most bikes with disc brakes
• Not suitable for Tandem Bikes
• Weight capacity: 63 kg (maximum)
Will this rack fit my car?
Check this fit guide here to find out.
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.