Wooden Balance Bike - ENCKE CLASSIC PINK
Balance bikes are designed for pre school age children and will help them master their balance, steering and general motor skills.
Encke balance bikes have no pedals enabling younger kids to enjoy the freedom and exercise that a bike can provide. A balance bike not only provides fun and exercise but serves as a great learning platform for the later transition to a pedal bike. A balancing bike allows your child to develop the strength, balance and reflexes needed for a regular bike, whilst still providing plenty of fun and exercise!
- Rocking Stand optional extra (save $15)
- No need for training wheels
- Padded handles
- Cushioned removable & washable seat cover
- Strong plywood construction
- EVA Tyres
- Solid Wooden Wheels - no spokes to poke fingers into!
- Adjustable seat grows with your child
- Saddle Heights: 36cm - 42cm
- Suitable for children aged 3-5 years old
- Maximum Weight: 25kg
- Light to carry: only 3 kg
- Dimensions: (L) 85cm x (W) 40cm x (H) 54cm
- SAFE: passes EU Standards EN71-1,2,3 regarding physical safety, flammability & non-toxic finishes.
- Some assembly is required and all tools & parts are supplied
There are many benefits of Encke Wooden Balance Bikes for both children and parents. Apart from developing gross motor skills and encouraging outdoor play, your walks take on a new dimension as children are able to travel far further than if they were simply walking or being pushed along.
- Develops vital balance and motor skills
- No bad habits that quite often come with trainer wheels
- Safe approach to teaching young children to ride
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Confidence and independence building
Upon receipt of payment your order will be packed and posted either the same day, or at latest the next working day.
Paypal and credit cards are processed almost immediately, while bank transfers can take 24-48 hours.
In general we find that deliveries to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane metro and VIC regional are made within 1-3 working days. NSW, SA, TAS, ACT and NT take 2-5 working days. Regional QLD, WA and other remote areas will take 5-7 working days.
Please note these are only expected deliveries times and occasionally delays may occur.
We use Australia Post for all of our deliveries except for Bulky Items. For bulky items we use Direct Freight Couriers.
COMBINED POSTAGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF SEVERAL ITEMS
Our internal shipping charge calculator will tell you the cost of your postage prior to your checkout. In most cases buying more than 1 item will result in cost savings to you.
- Small items up to 500g cost around $7 postage. Depending on the weight and size you will get 2 sometimes 3 small items posted for this amount.
- Most larger items post for about $12 and you will generally be able to add 1-3 small items at no extra charge
- Once you purchase products over 3 kg in weight there is generally, only a small amount of extra postage charged
COMBINED SHIPPING CHARGES FOR BULKY ITEMS
You can add smaller items together with bulky items and there will generally be no or a small added postage cost. Ordering items such as 2 bike cases may not result in any savings due to their volume. Ordering mid-size items like two fluid trainers together will result in very good savings though. You will get your quote for shipping costs before you checkout.
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We now ship to New Zealand. For further details please visit our International page here.
Q. How do you ride a Balance Bike?
A. It is amazingly intuitive. Sitting on the balance bike, children first walk the bike forward. As they develop confidence they stride faster and take their feet off the ground for longer and longer periods. Soon they are able to pull both feet off the ground and coast. At first they may tilt from side to side and/or catch their feet. Very quickly though, balance becomes second nature and they coast for metres with their feet off the ground. To brake they just put their feet down and stand up.
Q. How high up is the seat?
A. The wooden balance bike seat goes to 32 cm and up in 6 separate increments to 42cm. Due to the sturdy design of the tike you can drop the seat onto the cross bar which takes it as low as 30cm fitting most 2-6 year olds. The critical measurement is the leg length.
Q. How much does the balance bike weigh?
A.It weighs about 4.5kgs, is well distributed and has a carry handle so it is easy to carry if your toddler tires.
Q. Is there a warranty?
A. We guarantee all Encke Balance Bikes to be free of manufacturing defects for 6 months. Warranty claims cover any fault, defect or failure occuring as a result of the manufacturing process. Damage or faults occuring as a result of misuse, accident or wear and tear is not covered by our warranty policy.
Q. Is the seat adjustable?
A.The seat is easily adjustable so children of many sizes can ride the tike, it grows with your child!
Q. Is there assembly required?
A.The balance bike comes fully assembled except for the handlebars and front wheel, which are easily attached. Instructions are provided. We even give you the allen keys!.
Q. How long does it take to learn?
A.Learning curves are different for different children but we find that mosts kids are able to coast freely in a week or two.
Q. At what age will my child transition from a balance bike to a pedal bike?
A.Generally at about age 4 to 6, you can introduce a bike with pedals.
BULK BUY DISCOUNTS
Join in with some friends for a bulk buy and enjoy further discounts and reduced shipping costs.
VIP: To get your Bulk Buy Discount, say if you want 3 balance bikes
1. Choose the colours of Balancing Bikes you want in the Bulk Buy Discounts box
eg 3 Total = 2 Blue & 1 Red
2. Leave Quantity As 1 in the next Order Quantity box
3. This means you will get 1 order of 3 Balance Bikes, 2 blue & 1 Red!